I'd be lying if I said that saying goodbye to our family wasn't one of the hardest things I'v ever done. As David and I had a group hug with Jenna and Meg at the Salt Lake Airport I didn't want to ever let go of them. If I hadn't experienced all the strength we received at the MTC I'm not sure I would have had the strength to go. As our plane took off and I looked at the Rocky Mountains I couldn't help but think of early Church leaders, Heber C. Kimball and Brigham Young who when leaving to go on a mission to take the message of the Restored Gospel to England, were both very sick and practically on their death beds. It was a sad parting between them and their families as you can imagine. As the wagon they were in began to drive off, they both mustered enough strength to get up and proclaim, "Hurrah for Israel, hurrah for Israel, hurrah for Israel." Israel meaning the kingdom of God. They went on to serve faithful missions and had much success in bringing others to Christ and baptized into His church. Many members today come from the many converts that came from those early missionaries.
As I thought about them I realized how little my sacrifice to serve this mission is in comparison to so many of them. As the tears were streaming down my face as the Rocky mountains faded from my view, I managed to whisper under my quiet sobs, "Hurrah for Israel, hurrah for Israel, hurrah for Israel." Thank you, Heber C. Kimball and Brigham Young and the many others who have sacrificed so much for the blessings so many of us enjoy.
Salt Lake Airport
Having our last family prayer with the grandkids for three years
Arrivederci, Rocky Mountains, my own mountain home
So Good to hear from you! I have been thinking about you and wondered if you felt like you gave birth to those 90 sets of twins yet???
ReplyDeleteLynnett,
DeleteNot quite yet. I'm still in labor. By next week we should have met all our missionaries. ❤️
Love you. Miss you like it's my job.
ReplyDeleteThis post kills me!! I really hoped we would never have to do that again- drop you guys off at the airport for years! But I'm so proud of you, and I know you and Dad will be amazing. He was born to be a Mission President! And you, you will be incredible Mama. Love and miss you already!!! -Meg
ReplyDeleteAnd the families of Heber C Kimball and Brigham Young also survived and were blessed for the "consecration" these leaders made. You can do it! LOVE.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Julee. That gives me strength! ❤️
DeleteI take it from this post that you're both still alive after the World Cup craziness! I had visions of you being carried away by a celebrating mob with painted faces screaming "gooooooooaaaaaalllll!" I think the real meaning behind all the celebrating and dancing in the streets is because word has spread that The Lisonbee's are the new mission presidents! :) We will know your'e good at what you do, when you have the celebrating mob cheering "Hurrah for Israel!" Love you!!
ReplyDeleteBianca, I'm crying with you! That's 2 posts you've done and both with titles directly from church history. I double-dog-dare you to maintain that for all three years! (Only if you want to of course.)
ReplyDeleteI am so excited to read more about your mission.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteTanya, Sempre mi fa ridere! Sempre! Ti Voglio benissimo!
ReplyDeleteYAY! I have been added to your blog! You have such a beautiful family...I can't imagine leaving everyone behind for 3 years! You both are such an inspiration and a great example to me, and I know you will be that to all the people you come into contact with in Brazil. I am so excited to read more about your mission as it unfolds! I will miss all of your aches and pains ;)
ReplyDeleteSmartly written Bianca! I feel like I'm in Brazil, just as in Milan, that I'm sharing your experiences in person..U & David are missed...LU Vic
ReplyDelete