Access Code
Sorry, code is incorrect

Security Code - Don't Remove

Monday, September 29, 2014

"Peter, Do You Love Me?"

If I can watch this short video clip of Elder Holland every day I think I will be able to do what I need to do in this life.  It has to be my all-time favorite one.  When we first got here I was pretty homesick.  When I first saw this clip and heard Elder Holland say, "Having set our hand to the plow we will never look back until this work is finished..." it really got to me.   I had been "looking back" a lot at my life before this mission and his words pierced my soul. And they continue to have such an effect on me every time I watch this and every time I may still feel a pang of homesickness.  I'd love to hear your reactions to it too. I promise you some of the best 4 and a half minutes of your day!

This is a version of the clip that we show to our missionaries. (Hence the portuguese subtitles).   It's a great preview for General Conference!  We are so excited for our first of six General Conferences in the mission. Enjoy!



10 comments :

  1. So beautiful - so true. Thank you, Bianca. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. Thank you for sharing. It's so hard sometimes to remember this message and why we are here on this earth. I need to watch this everyday too! I need to remember why we are here, and what our mission is on this earth. I love you mama, I'm so proud of you for serving this mission for Christ.

    Love, Meg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do watch it every day! Love you too, Meggie. I know that this mission is your sacrifice too.

      Delete
  3. A powerful message for sure from Elder Holland. As ancient prophets foresaw our generation...these latter-days, I am reminded of a quote by President Ezra Taft Benson; "While our generation will be comparable in wickedness to the days of Noah, when The Lord cleansed the earth by flood, there is a major difference this time. It is that God has saved for the final inning some of His strongest children, who will help bear off the kingdom triumphantly..."Make no mistake about it--you are a marked generation. There has never been more expected of the faithful in such a short period of time than there is of us." Our great missionaries have a huge part in this preparation!! Love you both!

    Terri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Terri. Love the quote. Hugs to all!

      Delete
  4. I needed to watch this today and be reminded why we do what we do. It certainly gave me more strength to press on and carry the responsibilities that are placed on my shoulders. Thank you for adding this to your blog. XO - Michelle Beus

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michelle. It really does make a difference, doesn't it, if we remember that all that we do can be an expression of our love for Him.

      Delete
  5. Elder Holland..... every word that comes out of his mouth is pure gold. Sometimes I feel like his testimony is enough to carry us all. He even said when Christ asks "do you love me?" that "for every one of us, I answer with my soul, yea Lord, we do love thee." He answers for all of us. I wish I could have him at my side at judgement day. I will be content having him at my side here. His words and testimony during conference always strengthen and lift me. Thank you for sharing this Binkie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way! I think we are extremely blessed to live on the earth and be in the Church at the same time he is serving. I suppose we shouldn't have "favorites", but he has an ability to touch me like no other! Thanks for sharing your feelings too. Love you!

      Delete